Please find the most frequently asked questions with their corresponding configuration in
data/conf/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml (if any).
- I do not want to run ejabberd, is there a
No, there is not. But you don't need one either.
The xmppd behaves the same way as SOGo or Solr do when disabled. A shell will be idling and ejabberd will not be started.
As soon as a domain is enabled for XMPP, the container will be restarted and ejabberd bootstrapped.
ejabberd is very light on resources, you may want to give it a try.
- Are messages stored on the server?
Not by default. The default setting is to disable the message archive via mod_mam but allow users to enable the function if they want to:
mod_mam: clear_archive_on_room_destroy: true default: never compress_xml: true request_activates_archiving: true
- Are uploaded files stored on the server?
Yes, uploaded files are stored in the volume
The retention policy saves them for 30 days:
mod_http_upload_quota: max_days: 30
- Are messages stored when a JID is offline?
Yes, up to 1000 messages are stored for "normal" users and administrators:
shaper_rules: max_user_offline_messages: 1000: admin 1000: all
- Are messages written in group chats stored?
No, messages are not stored:
mod_muc: default_room_options: mam: false
- Are group chats persistent when the last participant leaves?
No, they will vanish:
mod_muc: default_room_options: persistent: false
- How many client sessions can be open at the same time?
10 sessions are allowed per session.
shaper_rules: max_user_sessions: 10