Editing a domain administrator or a mailbox user allows to set restrictions to that account.
Important: For overlapping modules like sync jobs, which both domain administrators and mailbox users can be granted access to, the domain administrators permissions are inherited, when logging in as mailbox user.
- A domain administror has not access to sync jobs but can login as mailbox user
- When logging in as mailbox user, he does not gain access to sync jobs, even if the given mailbox user has access when logging in directly
- A domain administror has access to sync jobs and can login as mailbox user
- The mailbox user he tries to login as has not access to sync jobs
- The domain administrator, now logged in as mailbox user, inherits its permission to the mailbox user and can access sync jobs
- A domain administrator logs in as mailbox user
- Every permission, that does not exist in a domain administrators ACL, is automatically granted (example: time-limited alias, TLS policy etc.)